OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only by legal residents of Canada who are at least 19 years of age, and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you do not satisfy these requirements at the time of entry. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acceptance to these Official Contest Rules and Regulations. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ADMINISTRATION: The Contest is administered and operated by Boston Pizza International Inc. (“BPI”). The decisions of BPI are final and binding in all matters as they relate to any part of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win any prize in the Contest, you must: (a) be a legal resident of Canada, (b) be at least 19 years of age on Monday, August 28, 2017, and (c) not be a member of the immediate families of an employee, contractor, agent or representative of BPI or Boston Pizza Canada Limited Partnership (“BPCLP”) or their respective affiliates, agencies, prize suppliers, any franchisee of BPCLP or any of their respective shareholders, trustees, directors, officers, employees or agents, or members of the immediate families of such employees, contractors, agents or representatives and persons with whom such employees and representatives are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win. For the purpose of the Contest, “immediate family” is defined as parent, spouse, sibling, child or any person residing in the same household or domiciled with any such employees, contractors, agents or representatives.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter and have a chance to win a prize in the Contest, an entrant must have a valid Facebook account and/or Instagram account. To enter the Contest the entrant must post a short description nominating his/her mentor, and use the hashtag #BProlemodel on Facebook or Instagram. By entering the Contest, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and accepted these Official Rules and Regulations, and understands that he/she may be contacted by BPI. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will commence at 12:00:00am Eastern Daylight Time on Monday, August 28, 2017 and will conclude at 11:59:59pm Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, September 22, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
5. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZES: There are five (5) prizes to be won in the Contest each consisting of one (1) pizza party for ten (10) people at a participating Boston Pizza location (each, a “Prize”). Each Prize includes: (i) five (5) large Boston Pizza gourmet pizzas; and (ii) ten (10) non-alcoholic beverages. The approximate value of each Prize is CAD$150.00.
6. SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS: The potential winners of a Prize will be selected by a random draw held on Monday, September 25, 2017 at 11:30:00am Eastern Daylight Time at 708-1 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada by a representative of BPI from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. After the random draw is concluded, BPI will attempt to contact the selected entrant via Facebook and/or Instagram post. If a selected winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days, he/she is no longer eligible to win and another entrant will be drawn and the process of contacting the new entrant will be repeated.
7. ODDS: The odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8. AWARDING OF PRIZES: To be declared a winner, each selected prospective winner must:
(a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance;
(b) submit a photo of the prospective winner and his/her chosen mentor;
(c) cause his/her chosen mentor to sign and return a Consent, in a form prescribed by BPI, to authorize and grant his/her consent for BPI to use the mentor’s image in conjunction with executing the terms of the Contest as described in these Official Rules and Regulations; and
(d) sign and return, within a designated time period a Release and Waiver of Liability, in a form prescribed by BPI, confirming his or her acceptance and compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and releasing BPI, BPCLP, each Franchisee of BPCLP, Facebook and Instagram and each of their respective representatives, directors, officers, governors, trustees, shareholders, affiliates, representatives, parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of a Prize as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of any potential winners.
A Prize must be accepted as awarded. A Prize is non-transferable and a Prize is not redeemable for cash. No Prize may be substituted except by BPI, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any portion of a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to the use of their name, address (city only), photo, and/or image on videotape for publicity and promotional purposes without compensation. BPI reserves the right to disqualify any person whom it finds in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations or tampering with the entry process. BPI reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and BPI reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of any prize. In addition, the Released Parties shall not be liable any damages caused or alleged to be caused by: (a) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (b) for any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (c) any communication sent or received to or from BPI or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (d) for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in any part of the Contest; (d) for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; (f) for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation any features thereon), howsoever caused; (g) for the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (h) for any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (i) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (j) for the security or privacy of information transmitted via telephone or computer networks; (k) for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party “hackers” or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (l) for printing errors appearing in these Official Rules and Regulations or related Contest materials.
10. FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: (i) have no way sponsored, endorsed or administered the Contest; (ii) are not associated or connected with any part of the Contest in any manner whatsoever; and (iii) are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to the Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to BPI and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to BPI and not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are indemnified and held harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) for any claim related to the Contest including without limitation the publicity or administration thereof.
11. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: Each part of the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. BPI reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice to participants. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
12. PRIVACY STATEMENT: Personal information collected during the administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, will only be used in conjunction with executing the terms of the Contest as described in these Official Rules and Regulations. By entering any part of the Contest, BPI and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, may collect and use the information you provide on Facebook and Instagram to qualify you for the Contest and to contact you and provide ongoing service regarding the same.
13. RESIDENTS OF QUÉBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.