THE SLICE IS RIGHT CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only by legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who have attained the age of majority in the province which they reside, and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you do not satisfy these requirements at the time of entry. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acceptance to these Official Contest Rules and Regulations. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- ADMINISTRATION: The Contest is administered and operated by Boston Pizza International Inc. (“BPI”). The decisions of BPI are final and binding in all matters as they relate to any part of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win the prize in the Contest, you must: (a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), (b) have attained the age of majority in the province which you reside on Friday, February 9, 2018, and (c) not be a member of the immediate families of an employee, contractor, agent or representative of BPI or Boston Pizza Canada Limited Partnership (“BPCLP”) or their respective affiliates, agencies, prize suppliers, any franchisee of BPCLP or any of their respective shareholders, trustees, directors, officers, employees or agents, or members of the immediate families of such employees, contractors, agents or representatives and persons with whom such employees and representatives are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win. For the purpose of the Contest, “immediate family” is defined as parent, spouse, sibling, child or any person residing in the same household or domiciled with any such employees, contractors, agents or representatives.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will commence at 12:00:00am EST on Friday, February 9, 2018 and will conclude at 11:59:59pm EST on Friday, February 9, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter and have a chance to win the Prize (defined below), an entrant must during the Contest Period: (i) visit the Contest website at www.bostonpizza.com; (ii) click on the link to enter the THE SLICE IS RIGHT Contest; (iii) correctly answer all ten (10) questions comprising the THE SLICE IS RIGHT Quiz; and (iv) provide and submit the contact information required by the Contest website. For greater certainty, all ten (10) questions in the THE SLICE IS RIGHT Quiz must be answered correctly in order to be entered into the Contest and be eligible to win the Prize. You may enter the Contest as many times as you like during the Contest Period. BPI is not responsible for lost or late entries or entries that have been tampered with. All decisions of BPI shall be final and shall not be subject to appeal. By entering the Contest, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and accepted these Official Rules and Regulations, and understands that he/she may be contacted by BPI. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
- DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: There is one (1) prize to be won in the Contest consisting of fifty-two (52) pizza vouchers, each redeemable for one (1) large pizza at a participating Boston Pizza location (the “Prize”). Limited use to one pizza voucher per visit at a participating Boston Pizza location. The approximate value of the Prize is CAD$2,000.00.
- SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS: The potential winner of the Prize will be selected by a random draw held on Friday, February 16, 2018 at 11:30:00am EST at 708-1 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada by a representative of BPI from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. After the random draw is concluded, BPI will attempt to contact the selected entrant via email. If a selected winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days, he/she is no longer eligible to win the Prize and another entrant will be drawn and the process of contacting the new entrant will be repeated.
- ODDS: The odds of winning the Prize is dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES: To be declared a winner, each selected prospective winner must:
(a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance; and
(b) sign and return, within a designated time period a Release and Waiver of Liability, in a form prescribed by BPI, confirming his or her acceptance and compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and releasing BPI, BPCLP, each Franchisee of BPCLP, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and each of their respective representatives, directors, officers, governors, trustees, shareholders, affiliates, representatives, parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the Prize as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of any potential winners.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize is non-transferable and the Prize is not redeemable for cash. No Prize may be substituted except by BPI, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any portion of the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to the use of their name, address (city only), photo, and/or image on videotape for publicity and promotional purposes without compensation. BPI reserves the right to disqualify any person whom it finds in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations or tampering with the entry process. BPI reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and BPI reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of any prize. In addition, the Released Parties shall not be liable any damages caused or alleged to be caused by: (a) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (b) for any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (c) any communication sent or received to or from BPI or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (d) for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in any part of the Contest; (d) for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; (f) for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation any features thereon), howsoever caused; (g) for the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (h) for any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (i) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (j) for the security or privacy of information transmitted via telephone or computer networks; (k) for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party “hackers” or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (l) for printing errors appearing in these Official Rules and Regulations or related Contest materials.
- FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: (i) have no way sponsored, endorsed or administered the Contest; (ii) are not associated or connected with any part of the Contest in any manner whatsoever; and (iii) are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to the Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to BPI and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to BPI and not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are indemnified and held harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) for any claim related to the Contest including without limitation the publicity or administration thereof.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: Each part of the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. BPI reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice to participants. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- PRIVACY STATEMENT: Personal information collected during the administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, will only be used in conjunction with executing the terms of the Contest as described in these Official Rules and Regulations. By entering any part of the Contest, BPI and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, may collect and use the information you provide on Facebook and Instagram to qualify you for the Contest and to contact you and provide ongoing service regarding the same.
- BOSTON PIZZA: Boston Pizza and the Boston Pizza roundel are trademarks of Boston Pizza. Royalties Limited Partnership, used under license.